Starve Your Fears: The Andy Storch Show
036: Overcoming Devastation and Leveraging Experience to Help Others with Warren Peterson
A conversation with Warren Peterson about what he learned from his business collapse and how he coaches others to avoid his mistakes.
A conversation with Warren Peterson about what he learned from his business collapse and how he coaches others to avoid his mistakes. Some takeaways include:
- Things are not always as great as they look in business (or life)
- How to deal with failure in business and life
- No matter how good things are, don’t bet 100% of your life on one business
- Recommend reading the E-Myth by Michael Gerber
- Knowing how to leverage strengths and have people in the right roles
- Do what you are really good at and don’t force the wrong things
- Dangers of continuing with a business that you hate
- The difficulty of getting a job after running a company for many years
- How Warren leveraged his mistakes to coach others
- Building a business through conversations and relationships
- Running a business is different from using your skill (cook. Plumber, etc)
- Too many people go into business thinking it is just a hobby
- What is success and how do you define it?
- 70% of personal growth books are read by women
- The challenge of getting too comfortable
- Advice for entrepreneurs - Just do it!