Starve Your Fears: The Andy Storch Show
095: How to Stand Out and Find Your Yellow Tux with Jesse Cole
Jesse is the Owner of Fans First Entertainment, who owns and operates the Savannah Bananas and the Gastonia Grizzlies. The teams have welcomed more than 1 million fans to their ballparks and have been featured on MSNBC, CNN, and ESPN.
Cole’s teams have been awarded Organization of the Year, Entrepreneur of the Year, Business of the Year and have won three CPL Championships.
Cole is an in-demand speaker and author of “Find Your Yellow Tux – How to Be Successful by Standing Out” released in January 2018. Cole is also the host of the Business Done Differently Podcast.
Cole believes to be successful you need to Stand Out and Be Different.
Show topics include:
- The importance of asking “what business are you in?”
- Every business should look at their customers as fans and treat their employees as fans as well
- The importance of the fans first culture
- The challenge fo creating a new baseball team in Savannah that nobody supported
- The importance of embracing criticism and trying things
- You want to hire people that you would work for.
- Importance of surrounding yourself with people who are better than you
- Why Jesse is always looking at the companies that are the best at customer experience
- The importance of starting with love
- Why Jesse wants to change the way baseball is played
- How to figure out how to stand out as a business
- The mirror moment: what frustrates people about the industry you are in?
- The importance of mapping out an entire fan experience
- Whatever is normal, do the exact opposite
- Always focus on others and solve problems
For questions, comments and guest suggestions, contact the host, Andy Storch, at email@example.com