Own Your Career Own Your Life (formerly The Andy Storch Show)
099: Effective Decision-Making and How to Launch a Coaching and Speaking Business with Pete Mockaitis
Pete Mockaitis [Muh KITE iss] is an award-winning trainer and coach who helps professionals perform optimally at work. His work has been featured in the New York Times, Forbes, and Inc. Magazine.
Pete has delivered 1-on-1 coaching to over 700 leaders hailing from world-class organizations (such as Google, FedEx, Amazon, Apple, Anheuser-Busch, and the United Nations), 50 countries, and every Ivy League university.
He began his career at Bain & Company and currently hosts the How to be Awesome at your Job podcast. The show has been downloaded over three million times and consistently ranks as a top business show in Apple Podcasts.
Pete lives in Chicago with his wife and baby boy.
- Pete's background and how he got to where he is today
- His goal of becoming a speaker and consultant
- What he did after he left his first job
- Transitioning from being a below average high school assembly speaker to speaking to over 700 executives around the world
- How he created the Enhanced Thinking and Collaboration Program
- How to be more productive and have better collaboration
- How he helps groups make decisions in terms of using their time accordingly
- Things people should be investing in
- Two questions that can help improve every decision
- Pete's top advice for productivity
- Advice to people who want to become a speaker or consultant coach
For questions, comments and guest suggestions, contact the host, Andy Storch, at firstname.lastname@example.org