Starve Your Fears: The Andy Storch Show
Investing in yourself and Building your Brand with Mike Kim
Mike Kim ditched his comfy C-suite marketing job in pursuit of career freedom. Since then, Mike has been hired by top thought leaders like John Maxwell, Donald Miller, and Suzanne Evans, and now spends his time traveling, scuba diving, and teaching everything he knows about entrepreneurship, marketing, and life through his #1 ranked podcast on personal branding, The Brand You Podcast
- Having the courage to stand up for what you stand for
- The story of how Mike decided to leave his job to go out on his own
- What am I going to regret more? Not going to work or not being with my family
- The Personal Brand Three:
- What pisses you off?
- What breaks your heart?
- What problem are you trying to solve?
- What movement are you trying to start? What change are you trying to make in the world?
- “We don’t need more resources, we need more resourcefulness”
- Confidence doesn’t come first, it comes last
- Confidence comes after commitment and courage and competence
- How Mike approached leaving his job to become an entrepreneur
- Breaking down the financials to leaving his job
- How Mike invested in himself
- “When you invest in yourself, you dictate the returns”
- Whenever you are leveling up your life, you usually need to learn one new skillset
- Importance of believing in and investing in yourself
- The moment of insight and realizing that life can be different
- “If you don’t leap when you see the opening, then you make a habit of delaying decisions”
- The importance of making quick decisions and root of decide
- The best decision that Mike made to build his business: Hire Jessica May the Bottom Line CPA
- How Mike hit “rock bottom” financially
- The mistake of chasing contracts he didn’t like or doing work for others he should’ve done for himself
- Mike helps people grow a personal brand business
- “Business is nothing more than solving problems for a profit”
- How to build a stronger personal brand
- Answering the questions: “what do you want me to pay you for?” and “which one of my friends do you want me to introduce you to?”
- Clarity attracts, confusion repels
- Mike’s advice for fulfilling your true potenetial
- What do you have to do in your life so you can look back with no regrets?
- All fulfillment comes from love, connecting and commitment
- Website: https://mikekim.com/
- Podcast: Brand You Podcast